Monday, July 23, 2007

a great singer and a stupid manager














Last Friday, I went to see Atilia singing at a Restaurant. (Yes, I’m not gonna promote that restaurant!) Atilia was great with a capital G! GREAT! What more can I say? She’s truly a great singer and performer. Betullah kata pepatah melayu, kemana tumpahnya kuah jika tak ke nasi! Salamiah Hassan (Atilia’s mother and also a great singer of hits ‘Menghitung Hari’) would be so proud!

Oh, about why I’m not gonna mention the restaurant name? it is because of the stupid manager. First, because my name was not in the reservation list walaupun 2 kali I called to make the reservation and CONFIRMED it! I said I want a table nearest to the stage to watch Atilia, malangnya she said name was not on the list. For your information, this is not the first time this happened to me at that restaurant. It’s my 3rd time! Duh! Tapi itu bukan lah perkara yang paling buat I bengang. Bila dah takde seat, terpaksalah I berdiri near the bar. Sebab takde table, malaslah nak order apa-apa. Susah la, dengan nak pegang bag lagi, dengan orang yang lalu lalang lagi. So, this stupid manager datang dan tanya I nak order apa-apa tak? I just said I don’t want to order anything kalau I tak dapat table. Nak tahu apa dia jawab yang buat I geram?

She said, I quote….

“If you not going to order anything, you can stand outside XXXXXX and listen to Atilia. We have a very good sound system and you can still clearly listen to Atilia from outside. This area is strictly for XXXXXX’s customer only.”

Bodoh kan? Kurang ajar! I pun marah la manager perempuan berambut panjang yang bodoh tu! Sampai dia terdiam and at last, I got my table! (Duh!) tapi masa tu, my moodmeter was at zero! Tapi sebab nak tengok Atilia, I stay juga.












Ok, cukuplah pasal that stupid manager. Lets continue with Atilia. I would like to apologize to Atilia sebab sebelum ni, I have said yang dia bukan penyanyi high-note. The truth is, she is! Yes!

Secara keseluruhan, persembahan Atilia sangat menghiburkan. Yang paling best, she’s sing all my favorite song! Sempurna, Duyung, Sudah, Selagi, selalu denganmu dan of coz, Salah Sangka! Bila salamiah hassan menyanyi bersama Atilia, my heart was pounding like crazy sebab diorang nyanyi my ultimate favorite song, ‘For once in my life’ by Stevie Wonder. It was Superb! The French will say C’est Magnifique!

Jadi, walaupun dengan rasa bengang yang teramat sangat, I pulang dengan perasaan yang sangat gembira. Atilia is a very good singer dan tak lupa, dia peramah! (Bonus Marks!)


A note to Atilia…

Sis,

Keep up your good work and please, please, please always be “ATILIA” forever! I had a wonderful nite and will never forget it. Thank you for the magical of your music!

Love always,

XOXO

Areed

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ar8 ar8!!!! my god....y didnt u tell me what happened? she should NOT have done that!!!!

...aaaaaaaaaaanyway...thank you so much for being there despite of what happened. thank you for loving the songs i love and most of all....thank you for being supportive. it makes it all worth it!

selalu.....denganmu
atilia