Monday, February 23, 2009

Afgan


I know it is kind of late to write about this singer. But today, Afgan just accept me as a friend at facebook and I feel damn jolly fun! I don’t want to review this album directly like I used to. Let me share the story about me and Afgan (ceh, cam dia kenal je aku ni)

Once upon a time, (giggle) my best friend Pijan put a very interesting song on his Myspace page. It’s call “Betapa aku cinta padamu” by Afgan. I have no idea how this Afgan look like but straightly I fall in love with his soulful-deep beautiful voice. Plus, the song is damn good. I always love songs like that. It has the jazzy vibe. Then, I try to Google Afgan and sadly, unexpectedly the internet server was down.

Then, for a few weeks, I almost forgot about Afgan until my friend Farhan email me all the way from Australia and send me 4 of Afgan songs. So I continue listening to his voice without looking at his face yet. The songs that Farhan send me are Betapa aku cinta padamu, Entah, Terima Kasih Cinta and Sadis.

Seriously, I am literally in awe. I can’t describe the feelings. His voice makes my heart shiver. A part of my heart wishes I have his voice. I may sound ridiculous or over the top but this is what really happened after I heard all this 4 songs. After that ‘awe’ moment, then I get to sit on the computer and Google, Youtube and Myspace search this talented singer.

At last I can put a face on the great voice I heard. Damn! I am surprise. This can’t be true. He’s a kid! Seriously! That’s my first impression. Maybe, if I know how he looks like before even listening to his voice, I may not like him this much. I have a thing with good looking singers’ especially male singers. If you’re too jambu, I may not like you! But then, I have to admit that Afgan is more than just a pretty face singer.

After along wait, one day I heard his song “Terima Kasih Cinta” was played at Malaysia’s radio. Suria.fm is the first to play it. At that time, nobody knows Afgan yet. So I and my bff Airien have big hopes for Afgan to conquer Malaysian market. Suddenly, in short period of time, Afgan is on Radio Era and Hot.fm. There are a little bit worries in our heart. We are scared that if Afgan get to be really big in Malaysia, we will loose him. (Like what happened between me and Peterpan. Ceh!)

One day, I got the big news from Airien that Afgan is coming to Malaysia to promote his debut album. By that time, I already have all of his songs (Airien download it for me). You have to remember that at this moment, his album is not release in Malaysia market yet. So we have no choice. We have to download it! I am so excited to have that album even though I already know all the song by heart. My favorite songs at that time are Entah, Klise, Shanti Lussy and I.L.U.

So the day that I’ve been waiting for finally arrive. On that day, Airien come straight from work with her heels (she wear it to meet Afgan). I come all the way from Bangi (It’s almost a one hour train ride!). We met at Bukit Bintang.

We are so relieved when we saw there are not so much people at Sungei Wang that day. (Alhamdulillah!). Straightly, we’re the first people that actually buy the cd. Watching Afgan singing live is a dream comes true for Airien and me. Gosh! I can even describe the feelings! Can’t wait for his next album! Afgan, If you come to Malaysia again, please don't forget about me, Airien and Pijan. We love you before you even exist here! =)

No comments: