Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hawa by Nikki


Hawa by Nikki




I’ve been waiting for this album and finally it has arrive! Nikki debut album, Maharani is a great album and I have big hopes for this second album. Luckily, I am satisfied! At my first sight, I fall in love with this album. The cover is so beautiful. Just like a fairytale book. Now, lets go to the songs in it, one song at a time.

CANTIK (Audi Mok / Amylea)
This song started with a very fresh sound. It has the commercial value and very radio friendly. But the melody is a little bit similar to the song TIGA by Dayang (also by Audi Mok). But I don’t really care. This is a good song. ****

TAK PERLU (Audi Mok, Faizal Tahir / Rafidah Abdullah)
A song that straightly capture my ears! I like the lyrics. Sound cheeky and cute. Song like this needs that kind of lyric so that it can compliment each other. Very original. ****

SELAMAT TINGGAL (Pam Yuen / Imran)
When Nikki performed this song at Jomheboh, I straightly fall in love with it. It’s a pop-ballad that is so fresh musically and lyrically. I like Nikki’s voice in this song especially on the verse. Nikki should sing like this more often! Great! *****

HAWA (Kieran Kuek / Mode)
I like the beat and melody. It’s catchy. I have to listen a few times to actually like this song. Now I did! And the lyric is great. ***

BABY BABY (Nurfatima /Nikki)
Honestly, to me this song sounds a little bit ordinary either from the song or lyric. I am not saying it is a bad thing, but it a little bit what I’ve aspect from Nurfatima. If this song is sang by other singer, I may just pass. **1/2

OH! MY (Audi Mok / Ad Samad)
I heart this song! My favourite track from this album. The tango mood makes the song so fun. It added my respect to Audi. He is so versatile. Lyric by Ad Samad doesn’t need any question. He’s the next Loloq. *****

BELASMU (Kieran Kuek / Mode)
Yes. This song is so the current Mariah Carey. Basically it’s about peace and love. Songs like this never failed me. ****

RELAKAN (Audi Mok / Nur Fatima)
I am in love with this song even though its sound so Jordin Sparks (listen to Tattoo or One step at a time). This song sound ordinary but I have fun. Love it! ****

SEMALAM DAN SEBELUMNYA (Audi Mok / Ad Samad)
So Brian Mcknight! I love the lyric! Obviously, one of my favorite tracks in this album. ****

BETARA SUKMA (Audi Mok / Ad Samad)
I don’t why; this song reminds me to Bjork. Absurd but still great!

CINTA (Audi Mok / Azalea)
A beautiful song. The melody is magical and the lyric is great and poetic. I like this line.
“Cinta, mengapakah tak tenteram? Termenung di waktu malam. Seorang meratib sabda bagaikan pungguk rindukan bulan.” *****

Congrats to every single person that’s involved in this great album. Hopefully this album will get some appreciation from the local music industry, media and fans. I also hope that other singers in Malaysia can take this album as an example. I am tired to actually listen to radio nowadays. Most of Malaysia’s top song now sound so plain and ordinary and sometimes not original. This album is surely fresh! With a combination of great production and a very good singer, this album is a must have!
****

No comments: