Wednesday, January 4, 2012

end of the world year?










Hey, where is it? I know we've put it somewhere. Where the hell is 2011? Is it me or the time flies like lightning? Amazing as well as really, really frightening I say. And....not to frighten you enough just a reminder if the Mayans was right (as if) this will be the last year of living. woooooo... takutnya...

Greetings Lovelies! Fun 2012 so far? Mine was great so far. The last 3 weeks of 2011, I suffer a lot with back to back sickness. It's just so unbearable. But Alhamdulillah I'm better now. Syukur. On life progress, I'm entering my second month working in Aquila Emas as creative development and communications exec. So far so good. But we never really know. As some of you may know, I hate doing routine job. So far my job here is opposite of that so I better be thankful. Hihi.










Do you know anything about Kenanga Wholesale City? I went there with my friends Ririen, Zaza and Zhaf. I predict that this mall gonna beat Sungei Wang Plaza popularity. With much cheaper yet stylo shop, this maybe will be the new places for teenager to shop during weekend or when they get the PTPTN money. haha.


Back to the end of the world topic, if you asked any Paleolithic hunter ten thousand-years ago, the end of the world due to climate change was a laughable idea. But the last three hundred odd years of the industrial revolution would wipe that grin off his bearded face, as the numbers of humans have grown to more than 7 billion. Our demands have created industries that squeeze out of the planet what it took Mother Earth millions of years to produce. Oil and gas drilling in remote places; coal mining to the damage of the land; forest degradation; exploding limestone hills around Ipoh (ehem ehem) if we want to see something closer to home. You name it; we humans do it in the name of economic development. The end of the world is coming and we don't have anyone to blame but ourselves.

Sometimes we human think we are bigger than the earth, smarter and more technologically advanced. We love all the high-technology progress, the fast life and the constant move. The end of the world topics might slow us down and remind us about the limited powers that still left in this great world/earth.


No comments: