Tuesday, October 14, 2008

KAMI - The Movie


I am a big fan of the TV series. What makes KAMI is so lovable is that the story is so real can be relate to almost all the urban teenagers. It's quite similar to what I see or experience throughout my life in KL. Gigs, drugs, groupies, shoplift, funky trend, music, etc .

About the movie, I enjoyed watching it and surely I love it so much. For sure it's not 100 % perfect but this movie is worth it to be considered. Congrats to Effendee Mazlan and Fariza Azlina Isahak. Good job guys, on bringing indie world to the big screen.

Now, step in to my comments. Firstly, I would like to talk about the storyline. If you never watch the series, this movie is great on the story. Although the story is simple, it is so entertaining. As a die hard fan of the tv series, I spot some lacking on the story. For example, I am disappointed that that this movie did not show more on Adii (ZAYANAH IBRAHIM) story. I love the story about Adii and her deaf mother in the series and it's a disappointment when I realized that the continuity of their relationship is not in the movie. One more thing, if u stick on the series, you'll realized the coldness in the relationship between Ali (Syarul Ezani) and his mother. They are not that cold in this movie for sure. I don't get it! The movie told more stories on Lyn, Ali and Abu, a little bit of Sofie drama and totally left Adii out from the picture.

On the technical part,the cinematography is very light and easy to watch but I did not get any cinematic feel from watching this movie. It's like watching the series at the cinema. Not watching movie at the cinema. Get what I mean? Huhuhu. Easily said, the movie is very easy on eyes and trough. And I do agreed on Razaisyam (iamstradust.blogspot.com) comments that the editing and color correction can be improve to make this movie more extravagant.

And now, my favorite part. Critics on the cast. Lets start with Liyana Jasmay as Lyn. I do agree that she's looking damn hot in the movie. So gadis urban! I just love her expression when Lyn got in trouble. Nice. She's good but not perfect yet. But a big future for her in this entertainment industry. Nas T as Abu is so Great with a capital G!! I am so impressed with his acting and I am not surprise. Juliana Sophie as Sofie is boring... She's not bad at all but another beautiful pan-asian girl that 'OK-ly' can act bore me! And her voice is sometimes was irritating. She needs something extra to make me love her. Ezani as Ali and Zayna as Adii were also 'ok2 aje'. Nothing surprising. Ezani have to work out more on his expression and dialog. Zayna for me doing a good job but there's nothing much to comment because the character is so limited.

To my surprise, the bad boy in this movie, Boy played by Zahiril Adzim blow my mind. Other than Nas T, Zahiril Adzim is the next big thing. It's a shame for Ezani when Zahiril Adzim steal the light when Ali is part of the KAMI gang and Boy is not. I am so in love with Zahiril Adzim, I hope to get him to act in my future movie. He's so talented and I believe there's a lot more to explore with his talent.

So guys, watch KAMI the movie! ***1/2

No comments: